What I learned while I had strep (a.k.a. stuff I thought about this week.)

Please know that I have been thinking about the blog and the challenges this past week.  I'm on a stronger prescription now for the strep throat and hopefully that's just going to go away.  One good thing about being sick at home for a while is that it's given me time to sit still and think. 

I hope everyone (anyone?) reading the Faith & Art Blog is willing to extend a little grace to me as I figure out how this is regular posting thing is going to work. When I put my foot down and said I'm committing to once-a-week updates with weekly challenges I knew I had to start right then and there or it would get lost in the chaos of my life as a wife and mother. Since I'm not getting paid for this, it's not my "job." But it is my passion. And I believe God loves that we're trying to be more creative how we think about our world, our relationships and our lives.

So here's what I've been thinking about:
  1. I will be giving you a pretty basic challenge supply list.  These are things that it's good to have on hand at any given time and are relatively inexpensive and will allow you to just jump in to a challenge and go.

  2. I will be posting challenge-specific ingredients lists on Sunday evenings.  Like I said in the week 3 challenge, it was a two-parter because I needed to give you time to gather some things to work with.  I think I'd rather post the pre-game info on Sunday evenings and give you from then until Tuesday to get specific things together instead of doing two-parters because a week of just gathering without really creating anything gives us too much time to get distracted in between... ok, gives me too much time to get distracted in between.

  3. I will put this in writing now that if you email me with challenge photos or comments or whatever that I'm allowed to post them here without you hating me for the rest of your life.  If you don't want an email or its contents posted, it's totally fine (I promise!) but please state that in each email as you send it.  This way I don't have to go back and get permission from each person every time I receive something new.  I know I go a few day without checking email so it may be a while before someone can get back to me to say it's ok.  And you guys do great work and think on a very creative level - you deserve a chance to have that shared with the world!
Ok, so that's what I've been thinking about as I plow through my Z-pack and lay around pathetically watching way too much HGTV and Discovery Channel (it's Shark Week!)  I'm going to be posting that basic challenge supply list here in a separate post in a few minutes; I want it in a separate post so I can link it in the sidebar and have it easily found and referenced by anyone who needs it without having to wade through everything I just wrote above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Mostly] Finished workroom

It's on.

Soldered stuff.