Half-finished canvas

So I wanted to post a few photos of the canvas I was working on for the challenge involving words you love. I chose a book passage by Madeleine L'Engle, one that I've posted to the Art Chick blog in the past.

What started out as a Target Dollar Spot children's canvas (with a cartoon frog printed on it) was gessoed over...


Then inked and collaged a tiny bit.





But here's the deal: I can't figure out if I want to use the entire passage on this one canvas, which is quite a bit to squeeze on text-wise but I like the idea of smaller writing in greater quantity.  Or if I want to do the first part of the passage to give it more space for larger printing on this canvas and do additional canvases for the rest of the passage.  That idea has the advantage of getting to do more inking and bits of collage and have a set of canvases when I'm finished. 

I'll be using white paint/ink and a combination of stamping and free-hand writing to do the text.  So what do you think?  

P.S. So far this is what I've used:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Mostly] Finished workroom

It's on.

Cosmos from Chaos.